Friday, August 9, 2013

4 month well baby check

Makaela had her 4 month well baby check up on Tuesday. She is growing into a big, strong girl. She weighed in at 15.7 lbs (82th percentile) and 26 inches (95th percentile) and she had a check in the right box for all the major developmental milestones they look for. Ain't no stoppin' her.

This was our first time at our new clinic and things went well. Everyone was very friendly. I'm sure the TRUE test of how happy we are with the facility will be when Mak is actually sick....which we hope doesn't happen for a verrrrrry long time.

Big girl got 4 shots and an oral vaccine. She loved the medicine in her mouth, and of course was SUCH a helper and held onto the nurse's hands to guide it into her mouth. Can't trust those nurses....gotta take things into our own hands. What a little control freak.

She cried for about 30 seconds after the shots....then she transitioned to sniffles and the pouty lip...then once the nurse told her she did a good job she shot her a smile. Phew.



The nurse advised that she would probably be extra sleepy (which sounded good to me at the time) and maybe a little fussy. She was right. Mak seemed a bit restless for two days and felt warm to me, however, every time I checked her temperature it was nothing to worry about (of course I was convinced the thermometer was broken the first 3 times). She just needed lots of extra snuggles and attention. I didn't mind tucking away my to-do list to love on her. I still can't wait till the day when I can take her to get ice cream after her shots, like my mom used to always do with me. Ice cream makes almost anything better.



This video was taken the day before the doctor visit. So sweet and unsuspecting. I feel evil!


No comments:

Post a Comment