Sunday, October 6, 2013

First day of Daycare

So I guess this title is a little misleading because Mak's first day of  real daycare was actually back in August and since then she has gone a couple more times. (She's been babysat a few hours here and there with family and friends ever since she was itty bitty).

We are fortunate to live only a 3 minute drive from the daycare. In fact, if I stand in my driveway I can actually see the building from my house!

The daycare offers hourly care so it is perfect for what I need it for....dropping her off when I have meetings or appointments or heck, if I just want to get a pedicure.

I like the daycare and feel comfortable leaving my little girl there. There are several adults in the room at all times, and cameras running 24/7. They give me a sheet upon picking her up that details every diaper check, every bottle and every nap. They also give me verbal updates when I pick her up, which is sweet.

If a child takes formula, they offer several kinds that they supply for you. Since Mak is a breastmilk girl, we just bring labeled/dated bottles of breastmilk for her.  They also offer age appropriate food for your kiddo if you're interested. All included in your hourly charge.

Before I took her the first time they told me I have to label EVERYTHING of hers. So I put together a "daycare diaper bag" and labeled her bottles, her pacifier chain, and her clothes.



After I picked her up, I saw they had also labeled her LOL. Guess I didn't know she was included in the "everything."


By golly, gotta label that baby!

The first time I took her she did GREAT, but this most recent time she struggled a little. She's been a bit of a mama's girl lately, so she didn't like mama leaving her. But I have decided that daycare is good for her and for me. I like that she gets used to being around other adults and children alike.

After I picked her up last time she was "talking" much more than usual. I like to think she gave me a run down of her day. She gets to socialize and see how other babies and adults work, which is great. The added bonus is I get some time to do my own thing.

The plan is to start taking her at least one day a week for 2-3 hours. Independent woman, holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment