Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First nap in da crib!

Baby girl took her first nap in her big girl crib today! She did GREAT. She slept for an hour, while I stayed in her room just watching and quietly doing stuff on the computer. Rocky and Taylor also napped...under the crib. Dorks.

Up until now, she has been sleeping in her Rock and Play which I love because of the slight incline, the fact that it is easy to take from room to room, and the fact that it snuggles her and keeps her from moving around too much.

Truth be told, I've been the one holding her back from sleeping in her crib. I like having her near me at night! I like to hear every movement and see what she's up to, even if that means less-than-sound-sleep for me. Oh, and I have it in my head that the faster I respond to her the more she will trust that mommy and daddy are there for her and to not be scared or feel alone...so down the road she won't be scared or hesitant to take naps because she will KNOW that someone will be there when she wakes. Our doctors have said you can't "spoil" a baby this young, so I'm rollin' with it. It works for us :-)

Check out all these sleepy girl photos...there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby, am I right? BUT I think we can all agree this would be utterly CREEPY of me to have all these photos if she wasn't just an adorable itty bitty baby. Soooo if I'm still sneaking in her room to take pictures of her sleeping when she is 18, pool your money together and get me some therapy. K, thanks.


The best thing about her naps? When she wakes up and gives me the BIGGEST smile when I say "Good Mornnnnning Makaela!!" or "Hiiiii baby girl!" She sure does know how to show me the love with that gummy smile. Throw in a "coo" and I melt. 




No comments:

Post a Comment