Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dear Makaela,

Dear Makaela aka No-Nap-Nancy,

I'm flattered that you think mama is so cool that you want to spend ALL day with me, but here's the thing...you need to nap. I know I tell you all the time that you are a big girl, however, you are technically still a baby, and babies nap. I know, I know. You've got a long to-do list that involves  throwing food at the dogs, smearing snot on the windows and pulling books off the shelves, but I assure you there are still plenty enough hours in the day to terrorize the house.

When you don't nap you turn into a bit of a crank-a-saurus. I try to kiss and cuddle the crankies out, but you, sassy-pants, have other plans. See those horns?


And instead of being your usually happy, smiley, hyper-waving self at the grocery store, you mean-mug everybody...


And mama? Yeah, I go a little crazy, to put things mildly.


Take it from someone older and (presumably) wiser....naps are heaven on earth. Snuggling up in the middle of the day with a soft blankey and stuffed animal? Come on. That's the life. 

Give me an hour and I will pay you in crackers. I find no shame in bribery. 

So please, please, please for the love of you mother's sanity, rest those beautiful baby blues. 

Love you always (even when you're a whine-o-ceros),

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment