Sunday, March 9, 2014

Find the Cutes

These outrageously adorable kids are the Cutes. Don't you love them already?


The Cutes live in a new search book titled Find the Cutes. Which Cute kid is your favorite? Cammy kind of makes my heart melt.


Remember Where's Waldo? Well, Find the Cutes is along the same lines. "Playtime" is the first in a planned series of ten search books where we get to ooooh and ahhhh at the adorable illustrations while we search for the Cute clan above. 


The book is illustrated by the super talented Vincent Noot and written by his wife Celestial. 

So, how did I find out about this book and why am I posting about it? Great question, thanks for asking. 

See, that's the cool thing about the ol' world wide web, you can "meet" all sorts of interesting and talented people, and about a month ago I "met" the illustrator, Vincent Noot. 

Through email exchanges over the past few weeks I've gotten to learn a lot about the book, all of the handwork that has gone into it and what kind of plans the Cutes have for the future. 


That photo above is a preview of what you can expect to see in Find the CutesEach page took almost 100 hours to sketch, draw, color on the computer, etc. Each person is hand-drawn and colored in Photoshop. 

That is some SERIOUS dedication, no? 

I love looking at all of the characters and the dynamic between them. According to the illustrator, some drawings are based on real events. How fun!


I realize I'm beginning to sound like an infomercial but please know, I'm not getting paid to post this nor am I receiving anything for free, I just want to help get the word out about this book because I think it is awesome, and honestly think many of my friends and family members would like it :) 

I'm always impressed when people put in hours upon hours to do what they love, and that is exactly what Vincent Noot did. This book took 1 year to complete...a true labor of love. 


Although this book is intended for ages 3 and up, I believe people of all ages would enjoy it. In fact, Makaela aka Miss-I-Point-at-Everything-Lately would probably LOVE to see all that is going on in the book. I know she won't be able to "find the Cutes" but I can certainly point out different things to her while MAMA finds the Cutes. See how that works? Good times for everyone, woot woot. 


The book is completed and currently in the process of being printed. Vincent and Celestial have launched a Kickstarter campaign as a fun way to create buzz about the book and reach some goals that they have. One of their "stretch" goals is to turn this into a game for your iPad or similar tablet. THAT sounds SO COOL. 


Depending on if you decide to "back" the book, and how much you contribute you can even be rewarded with a signed copy of the book, t-shirts, bookmarks, coloring books and more. That's a pretty cool THANK YOU, if you ask me. 

The kickstarter campaign ends April 14th, so go check it out now. Oh, and why not give them a "like" on Facebook next time you're scrolling through status updates - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-the-Cutes/321501714624871 

At the very least, keep this book in mind next time you're shopping for a gift! 





1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let everyone know that the book "Find the Cutes - Playtime" is now for sale on Amazon and on www.findthecutes.com. Despite the unsuccesful Kickstarter project, we have pulled it off and sold about 50 copies. Yay! Feel free to order one or share this with your friends.

    Vincent Noot, illustrator of the "Find the Cutes" series

    ReplyDelete