Monday, March 24, 2014

Flight School Family Day

We've had both sides of the family in town on and off for the past week. It's been go, go, go but we've gotten to do many fun things and Makaela ate up all the extra lovin'.

Tim's family came into town first and got to be part of Family Day for Flight School. They even surprised Tim by bringing his Nana! It was wonderful to have her here to be part of such a big day.

This was back on March 14th when we got to go to the Stagefield and watch Tim fly! It was SO cool and surreal. I think it finally hit me that he is a REAL pilot.



I made Mak a puffy-paint shirt for the special occasion that said "My Daddy Can Fly!" and on the back I stuck a camo helicopter that I cut out. 



She was pretty stylish.


We spent the entire afternoon watching Tim take off, land, hover, autorotate and even got to listen to him call in over the radio from the flight tower (I'm sure I'm not using the proper lingo, haha). I put a bunch of videos at the bottom of this post for anyone who is interested!

Also, my camera battery was dead and the charger was no where to be found, so I only got some pictures on my phone. Tim's sister took a ton on her awesome camera, so as soon as we get those I'll add them to this post :)



The weather was absolutely perfect. Mak just became comfortable walking outside on cement and grass, and totally took it to the next level and was running around all over the place watching the helicopters. She ventured off on her own all day. See ya later mom. 




She stopped occasionally for a snack...


And to watch the 'copters with her cousin and her papa...






I wondered if the noise would bother her or if all the activity would scare her, but not at all! She loved pointing at the helicopters (cutest thing EVER), saying "vroom!" and following them along the fence.


It was a great weekend with family... filled with lots of delicious meals. laughs, and even a few birthday presents for baby Makaela :)









No comments:

Post a Comment