Saturday, October 4, 2014

18 month check up and a crappy ending to the day...

Makaela had her 18 month check up on Wednesday. Can you believe she is already a year and a half old? I certainly cannot!


She is such an intelligent, affectionate, silly little (okay, not so little) girl.






Right now she is loving:

- Playing at the park or anywhere that she can run free - the more space the better.

- Holding hands ("han") and giving kisses. Kisses for mom, kisses for dad, kisses for her food, kisses for the window - you name it, haha.

- Reading. No joke, she will go days without touching a toy, but don't take away her books!


- Coloring. If you'd like a limited edition Makaela print, send us your address, hahaha ;-)

- Songs that she can act out motions to, like The Wheels on the Bus and Itsy Bitsy Spider.

- Learning! She knows all of her body parts, loves when we count or say the alphabet, and is learning her colors.


- Making decisions. We try and give her choices whenever possible, and she does a great job letting us know what she wants.

And sometimes she likes to play in her baby toys...this girl...


Oh my, how you have grown...


As far as her check-up went, she is healthy! She wasn't happy, but after a sucker, a sticker and a high five from her nurse she was willing to put their differences aside. 


Ignore the name misspelling. As we suspected, our girl is growing, growing growing (proportionally! haha). She got 3 shots at her appointment, but doesn't need anymore until she is 4 years old - woo hoo! She wanted to pick off her band-aids until I told her they were stickers for being brave, that just took the coolness level up a few notches and she isn't concerned about her "boo boo" anymore. Within a couple hours of her appointment she was at gym class having the time of her life.


So perhaps you're wondering why the title mentions a crappy ending to the day, well I literally mean there was crap involved. Mak has a little rash on her upper thigh right where her diaper rubs, of course, so we let her run around for a little bit without a diaper...you see where this is going...


Yes, the child has a fashion sense all her own...those are Daddy's socks. She's going for the toddler assless chaps look, I think. 

ANYWAY, while I was washing some dishes Makaela was playing with her guitar in the kitchen. I look over to check on her and what do you know, poop right below where she is squatting down. It was hilarious, to be honest. She had 0% awareness of the poop. Don't interrupt my jam session Mom, jeeeeeez.

Thankfully it wasn't messy, so I cleaned her up and she was back on her way...without a diaper, because I ASSUMED she was done. Boy, did I learn my lesson. 

About 15 minutes later, she was staring out the back window watching the landscapers cut a neighbor's grass, and I was in the dining room. Suddenly I hear, "kuk-ka" "mama!" So I go in to see that she has crap ALL over her foot, oozing through her toes (nice visual for ya). 

We had always taught her to just brush stuff off, like wood chips or dirt or whatever when she falls at the park, welllll that came back to bite me because now she was trying to "brush off" the poop on her foot. Yep, now her hand was covered in poop. The least of my worries was the poop pile on the floor and the poop foot prints on my carpet. 

I didn't even have the slightest clue how to pick her up without getting crap all over myself...I thought I had succeeded, until 5 minutes later when I saw my entire arm had poop smeared all over it. LOL. As "crappy" as the situation was, it really made me laugh - it was totally one of those "omg, this is happening" moments.


Needless to say, the rest of our day was spent bathing and steam cleaning the carpets.

She cleans up well, I must admit...

No comments:

Post a Comment