Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sensory Sunday Funday: Valentine Heart Felt Magnets!

It's no secret that around here we love a quick and easy project. Bonus points when it's super inexpensive. Double bonus points when it is Valentine's Day related, because even though I could care less about the holiday, for some reason I love crafts related to it.

We made magnets again!


I understand that you are insanely jealous of my high-end white refrigerator. I get it. Really I do. Please try and control your envy so you can focus on the craft at hand. 

I picked up a package of felt hearts that also came with a bunch of felt lovey-dovey themed cut outs. I think the package had something like 12-16 hearts, but 4 seemed like the right number for our fridge. 



I used my hot glue gun to attach the cut-outs to the front of the heart, and the magnet to the back. I used the same magnet roll from the snowflake craft we did, and just cut the pieces to a reasonable size. 

Even though the magnet is fairly large, we all know kids are cray and fit the most bizarre things in their mouths so it is still a "supervised play" kind of thing. 


This is definitely an easy, inexpensive project that provides lots of entertainment. Makaela plays at the refrigerator for a decent chunk of time daily. Happy baby = happy mama.

She loves sliding them around on the fridge...


And pulling them off and putting them back on....



And stacking them and passing them out to Mama, Daddy and of course Rocky and Ginger :)


Excuse the blurriness of the above action shots. For some reason, Makaela doesn't stop and pose for photos when I ask her to. Hmm. Weird ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment