Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cravings, Aversions and the Foods I'm taking a break from


So far I haven't had many gotta-have-it-NOW cravings. Tim will say my love for Baskin Robbins grew, but come on, who needs an excuse to love some ice cream?!


Around weeks 11-13 I did grow rather fond of oranges, and I think that was my closest run in with a "craving" yet. A perfect snack to me was a big, juicy orange and a glass of cold milk. Mmm.

More than cravings, I felt like I've had food aversions. There was a good 4 week period (I think 6-10 weeks) where even the mention of PASTA would make me want to gag. Crazy because I was definitely a pasta girl prior to the pregnancy. But lets be real, I could probably use a carb-reduction in my life. In general I just don't enjoy talking about food as much as I used to.

Another food related thing I've noticed is that this little bean seems to think snacks are a must-have about every 2 hours.....and I was not a snacker at all pre-pregnancy. In fact I really only do it now because the tum-tum says so. I literally have to pack at least 4 snacks for work everyday. My go to items are usually fruit, granola bars, and nut mixes.

As far as foods that I've cut out of my diet for the pregnancy...the first one is coffee. Although the doctor says up to 200mg of caffeine a day is fine, I've decided I want to limit it as much as possible. Although I miss my peppermint white mochas, I have saved some $$. I've also avoided lunch/deli meats. I can have them if they are heated to an internal temp of 165 or higher but that doesn't sound appetizing to me.

We'll see what the next 24 weeks have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment