Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Grandpa's Memorial

Fall 2010 <3
My grandfather passed away on October 1st, so this past week we took a trip to Michigan to celebrate his life. He was the kindest, most generous man and I will forever find comfort and joy in all of the memories I have of him. He took great pride in his family (he practically wore out his "Michigan State Grandpa" t-shirt) and I just remember his face lighting up when he would introduce us all to his amazing friends at his favorite restaurant.

There was a wonderful turnout at his memorial luncheon, and it was so touching to see and hear everyone sharing memories and fun stories about him. It truly was a celebration of his life, and he wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I got to spend time with family the entire week and really enjoyed our time together.

Thomas Earl Stage Jr. 1936-2012
 He was very excited about the pregnancy especially because the little bean's due date is the day before his birthday. We'd be so blessed if the bambino ends up sharing Grandpa's birthday.

Regardless, I know we have one more angel watching over us. Love you Grandpa - give Grandma a hug and kiss from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment