Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baby is coming!!

A lot has happened in the last 48 hours and my mind is all over the place so this may be a bit of a spastic post! I'm going to try and put together a more logical post with important info tomorrow :-)

I had my 39 week appointment on Thursday. Baby's heart rate and growth were great, but my BP was no bueno. I was 50% effaced and 0 cm dilated. Although my BP wasn't outrageously high, it was high enough that the doctor doesn't feel comfortable overlooking it anymore. My BP was high in the first trimester, and then it leveled out wonderfully in the second trimester. Starting at my 38 week appointment it was on the rise again.

The doctor had me go get some blood work done and give a urine specimen to check the protein levels in my urine. She gave me paperwork about inductions and told me she was passing along my file to the scheduler, and although I knew this was real, I didn't totally take it seriously. Can't explain it.

She told me she would call me shortly and let me know if I needed to do a 24 hour collection. Well, within about an hour she called and said I did need to go ahead with that.

Keep in mind I'm at work at this point, so I'm thinking great...my second to last day at work and I have to walk around here with a jug of my own pee. Wonderful last impression. But I also thought it was ridiculous to go home. Soooo picture me carrying this box around the office (to disguise my "supplies) with me anytime I had to use the restroom.....yep, for real.


I got a couple "Aww packing up your stuff?" to which I replied..."uhhh not exactly." Hahha.

Fast forward to Friday, my last day of work....I had to leave at noon to drop off my 24 hour "collection" to the hospital. I dropped it off, went and got a pedicure and then came home to try and nap because I was truly exhausted, had a headache and a little bit of cramping. I never got a call from the hospital so I assumed that meant they would just call me early next week and we'd set up something for her due date or that I didn't need to be induced at all.

Around 10am this morning, I was just sitting down to watch Pretty Little Liars after the Comcast repair guy left and I was thinking of a few errands I would run, then the phone rang and it was the hospital. A super peppy doctor informed me that "we have you scheduled for Monday morning!" I said "Oh wow, okay." Then she told me all the details about when to arrive etc. MONDAY. MONDAY. As in less than 48 hours from the time of that phone call. HOLY. CRAP.

Since that call my mind has been racing. I need to do this, I need to do that. OMG. What does one do in their last 36 hours before being induced?!? We're going to have a baby within a few days. There goes my plan to have the next week off work to relax ;-)

So for the rest of the weekend (Tim is at work until 5pm today), I'm going to do a final cleanup of the house, pick up a few things from the store (could be one of the last times I don't have to tote baby with me...ahh!), relax (yeah...right) and think about what life will be like this time next week (picture me eating a subway sandwich, sushi and a margarita....haha).

Baby and I will be home for Easter (score!!) Hmm, maybe I'll put in an order to the Honey Baked Ham Company now....

No comments:

Post a Comment