Friday, March 8, 2013

Meeting Surprise

Every other week we have a Leadership Meeting at work. This week the Operations Manager sent out an email saying it was going to run long and would have to be a working lunch. We voted on a restaurant and then chose what we wanted off the menu. I was pumped because my restaurant choice "won."

We started our meeting just like normal and then when the food arrived the Operations Manager said we would need to move to the Conference Room because she didn't want any spills and messes all over her desk. When I walked into the Conference Room my jaw dropped. Those little Sneaky McSneakersons had decorated the room and filled it with presents for baby...oh AND there was cake AND balloons!! COME ON...best workday ever. I was totally surprised; I had no clue. They had all been rushing around keeping things on the down low worried that I would suspect something was up, but they totally got me.




I wish I had more pictures but because I'm a good lil worker I don't bring my cell phone to meetings. (I took the photo above once I got home, hence the messy table). We had such a blast - the whole time was filled with laughs. I'm gonna miss this team when I'm gone :-( We're just going to turn a spare office into a daycare right?

Everyone was so generous and thoughtful. We love all of the gifts...they will be put to good use, that's for sure. One of my coworkers wasn't sure what some of the stuff really was so we had fun explaining to him how swaddles and diaper genies work hahah.

Crazy to think I can count on my fingers how many work days I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment