Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

We hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!! I'm still getting used to people wishing ME a happy mother's day. Weird!


I didn't get to spend the day with my ma, but I did get to spend it with my little lady and she made it extra special.


In fact, I got spoiled all weekend long. I don't think I cooked once! We ate a bunch of deliciously unhealthy meals out and it was glorious. Mak even created a little lunchtime art while Daddy and Mama chowed down on cheeseburgers. 


We also did a little shopping and a lot of relaxing throughout the weekend. I could not have asked for more!



Saturday night we were hanging in Mak's room and suddenly she came toddling in with a package in hand, and Tim closely behind her. I opened it to find the most beautiful, delicate necklace. Subtle and perfect. I'm surprised Mak didn't try and keep it for herself.


According to Tim he pulled up a couple gift ideas online and let Mak pick by pointing. The girl has great taste already. She knows me well ;-)

Sunday the feasting continued and Mak surprised me with an adorable card. She helped Daddy write, until she tried to eat the Sharpie, that is. 


Today, the Mother's Day spoiling continued when I got to sneak out for a manicure, coffee and sushi. Heaven, right? 

Seems like Miss Makaela didn't mind a little one on one time with Daddy while I was away...


I am so blessed to have such a wonderful hubby, and daughter. And of course I have SO much love for all of the amazing women in my life - mom, sister, aunts, friends, grandmothers, in-laws. Y'all make me a very happy lady. I hope I can make an impact on Makaela's life like the strong women in my life have done for me <3


Hey, baby bird, don't be a creep....close your eyes when you kiss ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment