Saturday, May 3, 2014

12 Month Photos! for her 13 Month Update....I know...

Makaela is thirteen months old! What a lil old lady! Don't worry girlfriend, we can't believe it either.




It's hard to keep up with all the new things she is learning and doing each day. She's on the fast track and it is so fun. 

The thing is, I never posted her "official" 12 month update! You know, the one with the photo of her in a too small onesie and info on her latest doctor appointment etc. I realized this after posting all of her fun birthday details, but never got around to it...so without further ado, haha...


I have to say, I'll be glad to retire that onesie. While I enjoyed doing the monthly updates, I won't be doing them the same way for the months moving forward - I'm going to post "real time" a lot more often and do round-ups here and there when they feel right. 





I was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly her 12 month well baby check went. Considering it included her basic check up, then a trip to the lab (for standard tests) and then to immunizations for her age-appropriate shots - I'm just thankful that neither of us had a meltdown!



She really was a trooper. After FOUR shots, and a blood draw from the arm (just like adults! crazy to me!) she got to have her very first sucker. Well deserved, little lady. 

The doctor also prescribed her some benedryl to help with her allergies. From what I'm told, "everyone has allergies in southern Alabama." The pollen did get pretty nasty for awhile, and we tried the benadryl for a couple days but didn't seem to notice a difference. It didn't make her sleepy, it didn't make her hyper, it just sort of did...nothing. Oh well, things cleared up on their own a few days later and we got to say buh-bye to the puffy eyes plaguing us all in the pictures below...





And now here we are at 13 MONTHS. Seems like Mak has had a major growth spurt during the past few weeks. Our baby is looking more and more like a toddler. Her legs are getting longer, and thinning out (I'm not ready to say bye to those chunkin' thighs!!) - those oh-so-squeezable cheeks better not go anywhere!



Makaela is starting to make more choices - she lets you know what she likes and what her preferences are, just like a big kid. I can't get over it!

She (seems to) understand everything we say and is turning into quite the helper. She is very good about putting something back or away when you ask her to, or getting a specific toy or book and bringing it to you when asked. She listens (almost always) when told not to touch something. Gosh, the list goes on. It is just crazy because I got so used to her not talking and not being able to precisely communicate her wants/needs etc. that everything she does now amazes me. She is SO smart and observant. 

My favorite thing she is doing right now is throwing her hands up when you ask her something and she doesn't know, she also does this for "where did XYZ go?" It is TOO adorable. I haven't been able to catch a good video of it, but in this one she sort of does it, so you'll get the idea...


I also love how she is starting to enjoy cuddling again. Of course it has to be HER idea, but there is nothing sweeter than when she comes over to you and rests her head on you. 


And she is growing more and more attached to Ginger. Thank goodness we have such a patient, dog. Love you Ginge!



I LOVE that I get to watch this little girl grow every day. Of course, there are days that are challenging but most days I wish I could share each and every moment because it is so exciting - thank goodness I can capture at least some of the moments on film :)

No comments:

Post a Comment