Sunday, November 4, 2012

The secret to a good night's sleep

I was surprised over that past couple weeks when I started to have trouble sleeping at night. I can't stay comfortable, and seem to get pains in my legs (mostly in the hip area and ankle area). In my head, these issues weren't supposed to kick in for at least another 10 weeks...full speed ahead, apparently!

I knew that sleeping on your stomach was obviously a no-no during pregnancy, but I didn't know until more recently that you shouldn't sleep on your back either beginning in the second trimester. Sheesh. Talk about limited options.

Tim had heard about "pregnancy pillows" so he suggested we go look. Enter the Boppy Total Body Pillow. I may or may not have thrown a hissy fit about spending $50 on a PILLOW, but after one night I realized this magical $50 pillow was the secret to life a good night's sleep.
 
                                          


It's so comfortable and really seems to take the pressure off of my achin' joints. Soon I'll fill out the area that is designated for the baby bump, but for now Rocky thinks that's his new snuggle spot.

The pillow has a removable slip cover that can easily be washed so that's a big perk as well. 

The only downside I see to this pillow is that it's like having another person in the bed. Oh and the first night I didn't quite have the swing of things when it came to flipping over onto my other side. Definitely found myself tangled in blankets on more than one occasion....but I'm happy to report I have that under control now, haha. Small victories.

1 comment:

  1. erin you are absolutely adorable and i love that you have a blog:)

    ReplyDelete