Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wardrobe Choices

Today I was trying to inflate my ego and decided it was a GREAT idea to wear some pre-pregnancy jeans. Ya know, prove to myself I could dooooo it...nevermind the fact that they wouldn't zip at all.

Things were all good while I was standing and walking around. I was feeling good. Feeling accomplished.... until it was time to sit down, at which point the waistband on my jeans tried to cut my core in half. Have you ever been stabbed by a zipper for 10 hours straight? I don't recommend it. For  my entire workday I sat all crazy-like in an attempt to not perform my own c-section incision with my not-made-for-third-trimester-pregnant-woman jeans.

Lesson learned. You best believe I'll be embracing my maternity pants tomorrow. I mean really they are the same thing; they just have a low cut base with a big ol' comfy band (humor me and let me tell myself what I need to to get through this, haha).

All jokes aside, the fashion industry sort of had a heart when designing maternity clothes. You buy the same size you wore pre-pregnancy but somehow the "maternity" version fits and for that, I thank them. I might have become unstable if I had to jump a few sizes.

In other wardrobe news, I've learned a few lessons about bras. Ladies, stay away from the underwire once your belly pops! That thing folded and cut into me in ways I didn't know were possible. I would literally sit at work and tuck my shirt up under my jugs to try and prevent the underwire from ripping off my skin.

My next plan of attack was the dreaded sports bra. Naturally, that turned my chest into a giant boob-berry pancake. One day I wore a lime green sports bra under a black dress....who am I?

Finally (as in this weekend) I bucked up and bought some more new bras....no underwire and not of the sports variety. So far so good, although my skin is still healing from the damage the underwire rubbing did. I wish I was kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment