Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! We made it to 2013 (what now Mayans??).

Did anyone do something fun for New Year's Eve?

The only party that was going on here was in utero. The baby girl was partying! I don't know what she was doing in there but she was super busy. She was bipping around most of the night, in fact she probably stayed up later than I did....haha. Live it up now little one, once you're out of there you'll learn all about a little thing called "bed time."

Speaking of movement, we're now at the stage where the doctor recommends doing kick counts. It's important to get in tune with the baby's sleep/activity cycle. If I notice an abnormal decrease in movement of lack of movement, the doctor first advises to lay down and really focus. Having a large glass of water or something sugary can also be helpful. As long as baby makes 10 movements in 2 hours we're good.

Lack of movement or a decrease in movement can mean something as simple as the baby is sleeping, or on the flip side it can mean serious problems and it's advised to go to L&D to get monitored.

I'll be honest....I find this to be stressful! When I'm busy at work or running errands I don't always notice the little one's movements...and then I start to freak out trying to remember if I felt her at all that day etc.

Guess I better get used to worrying about the little girl....from what I hear that'll be my responsibility for at least the next 18 years...but more like a lifetime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment