Friday, December 28, 2012

Gettin' our learn on

Now that we've entered the third trimester (whoa!) it's time to get serious about enrolling in some of the voluntary classes our hospital has to offer.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of appointments/classes I now have...January and February are going to be busy!!

We are scheduled for a breastfeeding class (the thought still makes me giggle), an infant and child safety class, "what to expect in labor and pain management" and a tour of the labor suites. We'll keep ya posted as we complete the classes...

When it comes to labor I tread lightly in the research department. I know myself, and I know that sometimes ignorance is bliss :)



I did however buy a book about "active birth" which for the most part discusses getting your mind in the right place on that day....totally did NOT anticipate there being photos....of women....delivering babies....on all fours. Wowzers. I could have done without the visuals!!!

I prefer to read funny books about parenting, and there are a lot out there. One of them had a a few pages talking about how "babies basically try and commit suicide everyday....they roll off changing tables, stick their finger in outlets....what's wrong with them?!"  Crap. hahahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment