Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Photography Class

On Sunday I took a 5 hour digital photography class. It was awesome!!! Normally I have a hard time sitting through a 2 hour movie, but I was totally engaged in this class and didn't even yawn once, haha.

A couple months ago I started looking into newborn photographers. I really want to get newborn photos done to capture those early moments. Aren't all those professional photos you see breathtaking and adorable?!

Most photographers recommend having the photos done when the baby is between 3-10 days old. Sounds a little overwhelming to add this to the mix of the early days when we'll be learning about being parents, but at the same time if we don't do them we know we'll regret it.

The price points were pretty high. All of the photographers we researched are very talented and worth every dime however we wondered if there was an alternative. Tim suggested that I take a photography class because we have a really nice camera, and it's a hobby I've been wanting to develop. I figured why not give it a shot; I could definitely benefit from learning some skills that will help me get great photos throughout the little one's life.

Best decision ever! Thanks hubs!! I learned SO much and feel like I truly have an understanding of the important technical elements that go into making a photo great. I'm super excited to practice and look at things in a different, creative way. Not to mention, photography will probably teach me patience as I try to get the perfect shot, and spend hours editing etc.

I already have a wish list of lenses, software, equipment and props I want....uh oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment