Monday, February 25, 2013

SURPRISE Virtual Baby Shower

This weekend I got a HUGE surprise. My friends back home organized a virtual baby shower on Google+ Hangouts.


One of my friends joined from a coffee shop in Colorado [ I'm not familiar with the language ;-) ], another from her Chicago apartment, I joined from my home in Washington and the other ladies gathered at a friend's house in Michigan. That's four time zones represented...wowzers!! I love that even though we are geographically spread all over the place, we remain the best of friends <3

I was totally taken by surprise. They coordinated with Tim to have him hide gifts from me that had been arriving. He even hid the cakepops they sent, without sneaking one!



It was the webchat party of the century. The girls decorated onesies that they'll be shipping our way, we all ate "together" and played games. "Guess how big my belly is" was one of the games....turns out I'm not quite 5 feet around as some suspected ;-) We also played a word scramble game where we had to see how many girl names we could come up with by just using letters from my first, middle and last name. We learned I don't have ANY "A"s in my name....who knew! We had some creative spellings for traditional names, and some sassy new age names like Tre'Erin and Le'Christine. We got lots of laughs.

At the end I opened gifts (ya'll are so generous and I'm overwhelmed by your kindness....cannot thank you all enough!!) I showed the girls some "suggestive" birthing positions in one of the books I have, and took them all on a tour of the nursery via webcam. Ahh the wonders of technology.

My friends are more creative and tech savvy than yours :-p xoxox

2 comments:

  1. oh wow that is four time zones! that's pretty awesome. also, i was using my own stomach as reference and i'll place a bet here and now that i'll reach 5 feet around someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be willing to bet that had we measured my bum it would be close to 6 feet.

    ReplyDelete