Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Road Trip Ready!

A few weeks ago when we were in Oregon we bought our car seat. We figured since we were already down there we may as well take advantage of the tax-free situation for this larger purchase. We knew we wanted to Graco Snugride 35 because we had done our research on it and have friends that love their Graco Snugrides.



Did I mention we scored an awesome deal? So automatically by getting it in Oregon we saved ourselves from the 9.4% tax rate in WA. And we had a 20% off coupon...holla. AND we had a $36 dollar merchandise credit for Babies R Us. Rock On. When all was said and done we got the car seat for half price, which is nothing to sneeze at!

This past weekend we decided to finally take it out of the box and figure it out. Tim installed it in the car and we played with the harnesses and straps to make sure we knew how to adjust everything. Tim will take it to the Fire Station in the coming weeks to have it inspected so that we can get the official stamp of approval to bring her home in it from the hospital. I wonder how many babies hospitals hold hostage because mom and dad don't have a suitable car seat? Probably not many haha. They sure do like to threaten it though. 

I wanted to install our JJ Cole Bundle Me (think warm burrito wrap for baby that attaches to/covers the car seat) that we received as a gift and naturally in pure Erin fashion, I made it 10 times harder than it needed to be. Long story short I pretty much disassembled the entire car seat to try and weave the harnesses through the Bundle Me and then forgot how to put it all back together. There mayyyyy have been some cuss words shouted, and mayyyybe even some tears, and the thought definitely crossed my mind that at some point I might be making a frantic call to 911 asking them to help me unbuckle my child from her carseat because I can't figure it out. Tim ended up figuring it out after we strapped in a stuffed animal to make sure it all worked properly, hahah.

It's silly because I've been around kids my whole life and have never been intimidated by a carseat but now all of a sudden I have this feeling that everything related to this child's life is ultimately my responsibility. Me and Tim are the go-to people in charge of this girl's life. Wowza. 

Thankfully I've got our awesome stroller (Baby Jogger City Mini) fully mastered. We had that baby picked out before we even knew about the bean. Small victories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment