Friday, February 1, 2013

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Nope, not a post about Rice Crispies.

These are the sounds my joints are making lately.

For about 5-7 days now I've been having some hand and feet swelling in the evening. I'd compare my digits to lil smokies...mmm. I can still wear my rings, but they are noticeably tighter. I've always had really cold hands and feet (as in my feet are usually purple, gross I know), but these days my hands and feet are like little built in heaters.

The joints in my ankles feel super strange in the evening. I cannot explain the feeling for the life of me. It's not pain, it's not really even discomfort. It just makes me anxious, and makes me want to move them around, and prevents me from falling asleep. Perhaps this is what Restless Leg Syndrome feels like?  Good times. However, once I finally fall asleep, I awake the next morning feeling totally normal. Small victories.

As always I remind myself it could absolutely be worse. My joints don't hurt constantly. My back only gets tense occasionally. I can still do everything I did before, I just move a little slower, breath a little heavier, and take a few extra breaks ;-)

We're in the final stretch!! In fact I started packing my hospital bag....yikes. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment