Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Goodbye Tay-Tay

On Saturday we said goodbye to our sweet puppy girl, Taylor. It was sudden and completely unexpected. To me it still feels like she is just gone to the groomer and will be home shortly. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the night before I was snuggling with her on the couch while she kissed my face and snored in my ear. Just that morning she curled up next to Tim in bed and kept him extra warm.

She was a major part of our lives and a member of our family. We will miss everything about her....the way she would snap her teeth, her little head tilt, the way she would "sing" with Tim and howl at the phone and fire alarm, how she would bully Rocky and steal his food and sit on him, how she would duck when we would drive under and overpass on the freeway and how she would protect our baby girl and make her laugh.

It breaks my heart that Makaela will never remember Tay-Tay, but Tim and I certainly will remember all the special moments they shared.


We had her cremated and along with her ashes we were given a certificate, a tear-jerker of a poem, a paw imprint with her name and a piece of her hair. We appreciated the folks at the crematory and their compassion and thoughtfulness.

We will forever love you and miss you my sweet, sweet Tay Tay.



RIP Taylor - May 4, 2008- December 14, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment