Saturday, December 14, 2013

Reunited and it feels so good!

Daddy is finally home!!


It comes with the territory...the hubs is occasionally away from home for periods of time due to training. This summer he was gone for 5 weeks...in fact he had to leave the day the movers arrived with our stuff...great timing right? During those 5 weeks we were able to see him every Sunday for about an hour and half, and we got to talk to him on the phone 4 times. We looked forward to each of those moments. 


The training that he just returned from was 3 weeks and we could not see or speak to him at all :(

Fortunately, now that we live closer to family I had visitors to keep me company and help with little miss Makaela for a little bit each time Tim was gone. Although it always sucks being away from the hubby, it is nothing new and we try to stay as positive about it as possible! Keeping busy is key, I've found. 

I loved having my family come visit. My parents always cook yummy meals for me....like SUPER yummy. And of course I LOVE hanging with my little brother. He is the sweetest guy ever. He totally stepped into the role of "man of the house" while Tim was away. He helped with Makaela, took out the garbage, helped unpack (this summer) and helped keep things clean around the house. Best helper ever. 

Whenever Z comes to visit we are sure to make fun our priority. There is always a lot of ice cream eating, cookie baking and scarfing down of pizza....


The dogs adore him. The little fur balls crave attention and Z loves giving it to them. This summer poor little Taylor puppy actually got sick and threw up when Z left. Someone needs a lil doggy xanax..



One of our favorite things to do also included bowling. We always have fun doing this as a family....Grandma won of course. She does this little butt wiggle thing that cracks us all up. The first time we went this summer Grandpa kept baby Makaela entertained. And of course in pure Grandpa fashion, we went around and "showed her off" too all of the bowling center employees. 


This past time my mom came down and brought Z at the beginning of his Thanksgiving break. She stayed for a few days but then had to go back to work. My dad came down the last part of Z's break to hang with us and take Z back home. It sucked that my mom and dad's work schedule's didn't overlap, but it was great having Z here for his entire Thanksgiving break. 

Again we went bowling. I wore Makaela for 1.5 of the 3 games we played, and even managed to break 100 while doing so, hahah. 


I love bowlin' with my homies. 

We also made it to the Drive-In which is a blast. It's really neat having one close by!!


Z and I managed to squeeze in some serious tennis playing this past time too. You won't be seeing either of us at Wimbeldon but we had tons-o-fun, and Makaela enjoyed being outside. 


She was our official referee, however, we did catch her sleeping on the job a time or two....


It was a little chilly one day, hence the crazy outfit above. I didn't think the girl would need a coat in 'bama!

Makaela and Z are buds. She keeps her eyes locked on him at all times, and he gets a kick out of it. It is crazy to see how much she has changed in between visits from the fam!

Summer 2013
Fall 2013
 Thank you to all of my family and friends for always supporting us, especially when Timbo is away. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment