Friday, April 4, 2014

First Birthday Party!

On Saturday, March 29th (Mak's due date last year!) we hosted Makaela's Birthday Party! It was full of sprinkles, streamers and sweets. Auntie Shanerz came to visit and was an enormous help, seriously the party would not have happened without her.







The cupcakes and smash cake are Funfetti, of course. But guys, my mom-brain almost messed them up. I was mixing up the batter and glanced at the box to see the ingredients and thought to myself hmmm I don't know if I added water, so I poured in the full amount listed and my mixer started splashing water alllllll over. Maybe I had already added it? Or maybe the timing of when I added it caused the splash? I honestly don't know but the cakes were a hit....phew!






I wanted lots of color and just a playful, homemade vibe and I think we achieved that!

Ummm...all of the decorations may or may not still be up...Moving on...I printed the Instagram photos from Walgreens - they can do them in an hour...super convenient!

We were so happy to be able to celebrate the big day with friends. Makaela had a blast, working the crowd in her birthday crown and tutu.





The first portion of the party was spent socializing and snacking. The weather was a little meh, so we stayed inside but it really wasn't a big deal.







All of the kids got along - no tantrums! If that isn't a successful (lucky) party, I don't know what is! The kiddos were especially digging the sensory bottles. At one point they each had one in hand, haha. It's the little things...




After some serious play time we needed to refuel with sugar, and what better way to do that than to eat everything coated in sprinkles!!!! Haha. 

I wasn't sure how receptive Mak would be to the smash cake. I had a feeling she wouldn't be shy about it, but I certainly didn't expect her to practically FINISH OFF THE WHOLE CAKE. She just went for it like a champ and dove right in. Fistfuls of cake!








I love how she looked around the room as we were singing to her and I love how she ate the cake like it was no big deal. I swear cake isn't on the normal dinner menu around here, but mmm wouldn't that be nice.



After the cake smashing, sprinkle eating and birthday song singing, we decided to hand out goodie bags (filled with a light-up ball, a book and goldfish crackers!) and let the little lady open her presents. 


Holy guacamole was she EXCITED. It was adorably, funny! I'm not kidding, she walked around and showed off everything - from the cards, to the toys, books and clothes. The girl already likes clothes, uh oh. 





Look at what I got guys, isn't it cool?






Oh and don't forget to check all this out...



Thank you to everyone who wished Mak a happy birthday, brought gifts and sent gifts. You all are so thoughtful and it was a wonderful day that we'll never forget!! Alright, I SUPPOSE Mak might not remember it, but I can promise that in the moment she was filled with joy and her smiles are images in my brain I will treasure always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment