Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Playing outside is fun, especially with a water table!

It turns out living in the south while raising a toddler is quite nice. Mak adores playing outside and getting some fresh air can really flip her mood when she is starting to get restless inside the boring 'ol house.

I love that we can be out the door in a minute and (usually) don't have to worry about bundling up.



We are trying to soak up all this nice weather before the rainy, super hot season gets here. Yikes, I don't even want to talk about it. I'm not a heat-lovin' lady. I am more of a slightly-overcast-with a breeze-73ish degrees-lovin' lady.


Oh thanks for the bug, Makaela. 

She hands me all the yuckies she finds. I guess I should be happy she doesn't eat them or hide them in her diaper or something. 

For the first couple weeks of our outdoor adventures, Mak was not digging the grass. She would go to the edge of the patio and back off. This was actually great because the grass is a hot mess, full of fire ants and other crap I'm sure. But then it happened. One day we went over to a friends house, and their slightly older daughter zipped all around the backyard. Ever since then Mak has been open to exploring the grass. She still tends to stick to the patio, but occasionally the dare devil in her comes out and runs across the grass to the fence.



Aside from riding Turtle, Turtle, Turtle (that's his first name, in case you were wondering) around and "vroom vroom"ing toward the dogs she is looooooving her water table that she got with some b-day cash money. 


It's tons of fun to splash in and is a great height so she can easily reach in and grab out whatever goodies she has tossed in that day.






It is also the perfect height for Ginger to grab a quick swig of water at her leisure. But then Miss Sassy Pants gives her THE LOOK.  The look that says "I am NOT sharing with that dog."

She is going to be one of those 2 year olds that rolls her eyes, I just know it. 


Looking forward to busting out the kiddie pool for the even hotter weather, especially because a certain little lady has some adorable swimsuits to model!!! 

2 comments:

  1. That last picture is hilarious!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Angel, let me tell you....the looks I get from that child all day. She is somethin!

      Delete